TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Haunting Night & Day 2 of H&M Blog Hop

Happy Thursday, the weekend is almost here :). The DT members for H&M are still doing the 1st H&M Blog Hop so don't forget to check out everyone's blog daily, you can find my original post with blog links HERE. For mine today I have a request. I had the worst possible Halloween in 1990 when at the yound age of 31 I had to say goodbye to my Mama knowing that I would be missing out on her expert advice when my children reached those teenage years and who was I to ask for advice with her gone. Anyway, last year was the very 1st yr since that time I even thought about acknowledging Halloween again. My sweet daughter Shannon threw me a 50th Birthday Monster Bash and we had a blast. So my question for the Blog Hop entry today is :
What is your most fondest memorie of Halloween either of your childhood or your childrens?

Now onto today project. This is for Wednesday's SKETCH CHALLENGE. Yep that's right, just 1 challenge for me today. This sketch kept my head spinning enough,LOL. Anyway I have grossly been neglecting my Stampin Up Stamps and today I pulled out my new jumbo wheel called Haunting that has only been inked 1 time :( I rolled it with black ink on white then shaded with gray chaulk except for the small circle that I used as a mask for the moon. I ran a strip of black cs thought the CB spider web folder (love that folder) and covered the raised areas with stardust stickles. The purple panel has my sentiment stamped in black from House of haunts. I punch my new Martha Steward spider and bats then popped them up on diminsioals. I used my white jel pen for eyes on the critters. Hope you like it. I will be giving this to one of my grandbabies.
RECIPE:
Stamps: House of Haunts, Haunting
Paper: black, purple, rust
Ink: black
Accessories: Stardust Stickles ,MS spider MS Bat, MS Dripping Border, Cuttlebug, CB Spider Web
Techniques: dry emboss

8 comments:

Scott Franson Photography said...

My favorite Halloween was one year that our neighbors had a good old fashioned Halloween party, complete with bobbing for apples, costumes and games.
Claudia
scfranson@charter.net
www.claudiafranson.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

Super cute! Love the web.

Sue Strozyk said...

Cool, love the spider web

sandyh50 said...

My favorite Halloween was when I took my grandkids to a friend's party. She went all out with it and even the adults had to dress up. We had games and treats and photo ops with a great background. It was a lot of fun.

Great card!

The Crazy Life of a Navy Wife said...

My favorite Halloween memory was as a child. I dressed up as a mouse and went trick or treating with my little brother and his friend. It was snowing like crazy that day and we had SO much fun running around in it and collecting candy! YUM!

Deb Wood said...

Congrats on being Star of the Month, what an honor!!! I love your card and the drip punch is fabulous, I need it!!

I love every halloween, I guess the worst one was of a jerk that I was dating, he dressed up as a girl and we did have a good time, but he soon turned into someone else, so I don't like to think about the abuser!!

Jessica said...

My daughter is only two, so she hasn't really dressed up or gone trick-or-treating yet, but I loved the Halloween when I was pregnant. I had a nice big baby bump, and wore a thick reddish-orange sweater. I joked that I was growing a pumpkin! I decorated our front door and had fun giving out candy. I can't wait until my daughter is old enough to go out too!

Tamara said...

I don't have children, so I don't have any memories from them. And I am not sure I have too many memories from my own childhood that relate to halloween. The only thing I really remember was getting dressed up, and going to see my grandma and granddad so that they could see how cute we were in our costumes.