TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Happy Fall Wishes Y'all

Good Wednesday morning for you at least I hope. I knew when I woke up and the heater was STILL running I might be in trouble. Well turns out when I walked outside to go to work I looked over at the cat's water dish and WHAT? Ice, are you kiding me? Nope a thin layer but yep ice in the dish. BBBRRRRRR..... Then as I head on to work a ton of bricks hit me in my heart. Some years I pass through this week OK, this may not be one of them. Don't know why but it just happens. My mother passed away today at 6pm 18 yrs ago from Breast CA. We buried her on Oct 31st. Halloween has not been a good time for me since. So think of me some today and maybe my tears will turn to joy. I am having a hard time today.
Well I am not really happy with this one but here it is anyway. I think it is the Pink that goes yuk! to this but I needed to do more fall cards, not ready for Christmas but that seems to be all I can do lately. LOL. This cute set from TREEHOUSE STAMP COMPANY needed some luv shown to it again. And look it is on sale along with a lot of other really kewl sets. Check it out.
This is for today's SKETCH CHALLENGE and I used Tuesday's COLOR CHALLENGE - Tangerine Pixie Kisses for my color combo. the scarecrow is stamped in timber brown stazon then colored with SU Markers cut out and popped up. I left some length on the arms neck and shirt tail so that I could shred the edges. The pink layer is punched with a small leaf punch. The squares are punch with layered deckle punches. I stamped the sentiment using my SU marker and huffing then stamped off 1 time using the sm leaf inked with kiwi kiss. I stamped both the lg and sm leaf in kiwi kiss on kk and used the pumpkin CB embossing folder on pumkin pie cs. The only leaf accessories I could find was this brown one. Need some leaf brads. Time to go shopping. LOL.
RECIPE:
Stamps: Happy Fall Y'all - Treehouse
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Pumpkin Pie, Pixie Pink, Vanilla
Ink: Timber Brown Stazon, Kiwi Kiss, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Clsoe to Cocoa
Accessories: diminsionals, leaf accessory, deckle square punches, sm leaf punch
Techniques: huffing, 3d
SAVE ! SAVE ! SAVE ! SAVE !

3 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Fun...love the non-traditional colors with the scarecrow!

Lauren said...

Love the repetition. This is such a cute card Neva!

Cheryl said...

Cute card. TFS