TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Elegant Embroidered Greetings

This is for today's SKETCH CHALLENGE # 370. My colors are from Tuesday's COLOR CHALLENGE # 360 - White Island Pool. I stamped the sentiment on the inside 1st in pool party then in island indigo for Monday's TECHNIQUE LOVERS CHALLENGE # 362 - Try This or Try That. I used Martha Stewarts picket fence border punch for the front matt panel, pool party for the base and fold over flap and island indigo for the matt for base.
I used my air brush system for the primas and they are held together with a gem brad.
I did something I do not usually do and that is to take a peek at those who have already created. In looking at the challenge gallery I loved the way Sallie did her faux curtains behind her window in this gorgeous FLOWERING WINDOW BOX and attempted to create that same effect, without sucess I might add. I used the lacey border from Elegant Embroidery SU set. I first tried using my white craft ink which failed. I have had nothing but trouble with that pad since getting it. I just can not get it to show up so I ended up with island indigo. Still did not get the angle I was going for but oh well.
RECIPE:
Stamps: Elegant Embroidery, Elegant Greetings
Paper: white, pool party, island indigo
Ink: pool party, island indigo
Accessories: MS Picket Fence Border, Butterflies, Fern punches, pirmas, Copics, ABS, Gem, Sm Madison Window
Techniques: Shadow Stamping, Copic Airbrushing

No comments: