TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

SNS Day 2 Sneak Peek - Shining Light

Today is Day 2 of sneak peeks from Sweet N Sassy Stamps. Today's focal set is "Shining Light".   I love this fabulous Lighthouse image and the sentiments that are included in the set are fabulous. 
I have not done a "faux burnt edging" card in quite some time so I thought I would on this one.  We did this a long time ago on Splitcoast and I can not find the technique now but I think I remembered it. Tear the edges of your paper and begin sponging with creamy caramel far away and to the edge of the paper, follow with close to cocoa not going all the way in to the creamy caramel, follow that with chocholate chip and then black.
I hope that was right. Anyway that is how I made this one.  I stamped on vanilla then tore and sponged as above.  I stamped the sentiment in Espresso ink then distressed the edges of the card base with espresso ink pad.  I tied brown ribbon and added some red as well.  My image was colored with copics.
Now visit the Sweet N Sassy Blog site to see the rest of the samples made using this set.

2 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous card Neva. That image is lovely... I really like the torn edges. :o)

Mary Marsh said...

this is a great card neva and so perfect for a guy with the faux burning technique-you described it quite well-looking forward to working with you on the snss dt