TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Sunday, September 7, 2008

A Leaf Load Of Thanks Featuring Denise

This is for today's FEATURED STAMPER CHALLENGE - Card Crazy aka Denise who has a fantastic gallery to cruise through. On my 2nd cruise I finally decided on her DENIDILL as the colors just kept screaming "me, oh pick me". I had never thought of blue, orange and green going together but I just loved the way they looked. I changed the shades of the colors, the theme and the layout. I used the sketch from HEATHER ROLIN'S SATURDAY SKETCH/COLOR Challenges. I also had to get this new stamp set from H&M Stamp Company dirty since I had not inked it up yet and today was perfect with these colors. I stamped the leaf pile then the cluster of leaves in black stazon on the white oval. I stamped the boy and rake on white in black stazon, colored then cut them out. yep I did cut between the bottom part of the rack, not easy to do, Shannon (e3stamper)would have pulled her hair out trying that. LOL. I colored the leaves with SU Markers then sponged in the open area with chaulks 1st close to cocoa then green galore. The sentiment is stamped in only orange cut with the SU Small Oval and matted on lg oval only orange. The boy, rake and sentiment are all popped up on diminsionals. Hope ya like it.
RECIPE:
Stamps: A Leaf Load Of Thanks - HMStampCo,
Paper: Brocade Blue, Only Orange, Old Olive, Certainly Celery, White
Ink: Old Olive, Only Orange, Certainly Celery, Really Rust, Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel
Accessories: SU Pastels, Large and Small Oval Punch, Fiskars Oval Template, Markers, Wavy Paper Trimmer, diminsionals
Techniques: No Copics - No Problem

3 comments:

Heather said...

Absolutely fabulous!!! LOVE the colors and your layout! Super super fun! I just love this set and you have used it so awesomely!!!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Looks like we were thinking alike today!LOL! Love the colors!! Great job ont he sketch!

Lauren said...

Very fun card. Love the autumn leaves.