TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

BWC#22 Jolly Snowman

This is for today's BrainWave Challenge presented by Treehouse Stamp Companies owner ASHLEY BOWEN. This weeks challenge is a cool color combo of Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss, Kraft, and Chocolate Chip. I stamped one image of the snowman on a sticky note and cut it out to use as a mask. Then I stamped the snowman in choc chip and placed the mask on top to stamp the tree in kiwi kiss. I colored the scarf and cap with a blender pen from the ink in the top of the pad. I applied a glitter glue and after I did I wished I had not bc it has specks of red in it. Guess it is OK since the challenge also includes some red but it looked funny to me. The main image is matted on kiwi kiss. The sentiment is stamped in riding hood red on kraft and matted on riding hood red using Fiskars oval punches. The snowflakes are small and large punches from shiny paper. This creation is a sneak peak of a set called Jolly Snowman and can be found begining Friday at TREEHOUSE STAMP COMPANY. This is a really fun and cute set of red rubber stamps with cling mounted onto them ready for attaching to an acrylic block and stamping away. Hope you like it.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Cute card - the snowflake additions are perfect.

Karen said...

Very cute Neva. I love your coloring, and that flannel plaid bg is perfect for winter cards. Very nice.

Cheryl said...

Love this snowman Neva!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Great job on this adorable card! Love the snowflake punches and the sparkle!