TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Monday, September 5, 2011

SCS Labor Day Blog Hop

Whooo Hooo Did you know  SWEET N SASSY was now a Member Company over at SPLITCOAST STAMPERS?  Well they are. And today SCS is having a LABOR DAY BLOG HOP. So come on and hop along with us. (see list below)
The theme is AUTUMN and here is what I came up with using AUTUMN BOUNTY stamp set released in August.


I started with this can of pecans, one of my bad habits I love to indulge in. LOL.  I covered the can with a sheet of dp from Basic Gray then stamped the image with momento tuxedo black and colored with copics YR14, 15, 16, & YG93 & 95. I sponged some more mustard then pumpkin pie inks around both the image and sentiment.  The lid is decorated with pumpkin pie and the sentiment stamped in more mustard then sponged the same as the focal panel.
Hope you like it.   NOW let's go blog hoppin'. Have fun and Happy Labor Day.


Hello and welcome to the Fall Fun Blog Hop! A group of online buddies decided the holiday weekend in the US would be a GREAT time to get inky together, and so we've put together a fall themed blog hop to inspire you as the autumn approaches. As you meet our stampy bloggers today, you may discover that some have goodies for you, so be sure and visit everyone on the list. We have hoppers from all over the globe today, and they are amazing artists.

Thanks for visiting us - grab yourself a nice fall beverage and enjoy!

Here is the full list of our blog hoppers today:

42 comments:

Michelle Single said...

I LOVE me some honey roasted stuff too! What a FABULOUS way to hide them! :)

Teresa Kline said...

this is awesome and such a great idea, makes a great giftie container without buying something...tfs...Happy Fall!

enjoy *~*

Wanda Cullen said...

Way to go with "dressing up" this container for fall! Lovely idea!

Yapha said...

What a super cute tin you turned that into!! Great coloring!

Hannah Clark said...

Wow, wow, wow! I love the altered can! Just adorable!

Marianne said...

Honey Roasted Blog Fun ! Love it !

Lee said...

Oh I totally LOVE this idea for gift-giving!!! And basic grey....ooo la la!!!

Elaine Sauer said...

Great for a gift!

Kim Williams said...

Great gift...love it!

Kerri said...

I have a cocktail peanut can just like this (one of my bad habits LOL) and you've inspired me to do something with it! So gorgeous, Neva!

Cathymac said...

What a wonderful fall gift idea, Neva! Love those pumpkins in the Autumn Bounty set! Thanks for the reminder not to throw away those tut tins! Have a fabulous Labor Day!

Crafty Math Chick said...

I love this SnSS set - and you colored the image beautifully! I love to repurpose containers too, my hubby is always laughing at me 'can't we just throw anything away?!!" Happy Labor Day! :)

Bridget said...

Hi Neva, my friend! Can I come over and eat honey roasted pecans and stamp with you??? Wish I could! This is so cute and very creative! I love the sponging around the pretty pumpkins!

Samantha said...

Oh, I love it! What a great idea!

Leslie Hanna said...

What a great idea! Love honey roasted just-about-anything. :)

Jenna Barber said...

Neva, I LOVE your decorated can!! I love those beautiful pumpkins you colored and the dp you paired with them in the bg!! This is one AWESOME Fall creation!! Fabulous job, my friend!!~

Julia Aston said...

I love your decorated container Neva! What a great gift idea!

Lydia Fiedler said...

Okay - now I heard that nuts are GOOD for you!! :D And those look like they're REALLY good for you!!

This is absolutely gorgeous - and what a brilliant idea!!!

Thanks for hopping with us!!

Joan Ervin said...

OMG, Neva, what a clever idea to alter the nut can...this is soooo pretty!!!! I love the adorable pumpkin image and the beautiful papers you used!!!

Kim said...

So much fun! What a great project, love it!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a clever idea Neva. Love your altered can. The colors and images are perfect. Lovely fall colors.

Korin said...

Fabulous altered can, Neva!! Great fall gift idea!

Gail said...

Great project!
What a good idea!

Alison H said...

Adorable project. That is really a great idea!!

Anonymous said...

So cute and what a great use of creativity! LOVE IT!

Mary Marsh said...

this is a great altered project neva-fab gift idea

Sara Henton said...

What a cool idea, really like this. I'm in GA too

Sue D said...

Great altered can for a gift!

Jennifer said...

Great way to recycle! Love the sentiment you added to the lid!

Jan Garber said...

I always keep containers but never follow through! I commend you for such a wonderful project COMPLETED! Cute!

Marsha said...

Beautiful!!!

Judy Rozema said...

Awesome design on your container! Beautiful coloring too, Neva~

Lisa - papergrace said...

What a fabulous gift idea! Beautiful colors and wonderful design. That stamp set is gorgeous and a perfect showcase for your coloring skills.

Shannon White said...

Love this! Such a fabulous idea! Wonderful dp's and image! Such pretty fall colors!

Hugs
Shannon

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful gift idea!
beautiful coloring :)

dj said...

super cute...I love it when you can take a container and make it special!



www.CardsPaperAndScrapbooks.com

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea, thank you for sharing it. I just love it.

mmwilken said...

All I can say is, is that I need to save my cans of "peanuts", my indulgence!! Thanks so much for the great idea and don't you just love all the great new paper!!

merrymstamper said...

awesome altered art! ;-)

fun images to work with also...great job.

Bev Gerard said...

Yes oh YES! I'm a big fan of incredible pecan delights as well. What a great altered gift container you've created ... perfect for these Fall goodies!

~Bev

Harriet Skelly said...

Wow Neva I love your altered container!! Sorry it took me a day to get to your blog!!

Auntie Em said...

The little covered can is so pretty and what a great way to 'cover up' those little indulgences for ourselves or as a pretty little gift for someone else who loves them too!
Thanks for sharing! :)