TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

You're A Gem Bridget

I am happy to be passing the torch onto this weeks honoree so this is for today's FEATURED STAMPER CHALLENGE # 214. I love Bridgets gallery and what a sweetheart she is. I chose to CASE her beautiful fuschia colored DANCING SHOES FOR ROXIE.
I changed the colors, layout and them and left off the bow & replaced the pearls with black gems.
I used some Basic Gray Curio dp with black edging around the dp so when I made my cuts for the size I needed I edged the trimmed sides to match the dp sides by used my black SU Marker and sponging some Tim Holt Burlap distress ink.
I distressed alll edges for Friday's FREE 4 ALL CHALLENGE # 55 - On The Edge.
My layout is from Wednesday's SKETCH CHALLENGE # 323.
My image and sentiment are from a just released acrylic stamp set found at MARKS FINEST PAPERS. I stamped the shoe in momento tuxedo black on vanilla and then again on the dp. I cut the middle setion out from the dp and paper pieced it on the vanilla stamped image then cut the entire image out and popped it up on dimensionals. The sentiment was stamped in momento tuxedo black on vanilla that was sponged with Burlap distress ink.
I hope you enjoy your week in the spotlight as much as I did last week Bridget. CONGRATS.
RECIPE:
Stamps: Grandma's Boudoir - MFP
Paper: vanilla, black, BG - Curio
Ink: momento tuxedo black, Tim Holtz Burlap distress ink
Accessories: black gems, Spica glaze pen, edge distressor
Techniques: paper piecing, 3D

No comments: