TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Something's Fishy Round Here

This is for today's SKETCH CHALLENGE # 325. OK so when I saw today's sketch my mind went back in time. I remember as a child how excited I was to ride to the fish market with my Uncle Hershel to get some mullet. The market smelt really bad but we always had such a blast when we were together. The top and bottom angle pieces reminded me of the newspaper they would wrap the fish in and so I went with it. Sorry but I had to combine it with Monday's TECHNIQUE LOVERS CHALLENGE # 317 - Newsworthy and for my color combo I used Tuesday's COLOR CHALLENGE # 315 - Saffron Pear Roses.
I stamped the fish in tuxedo black then colored with copics, cut it out and popped it up. I stamped the sentiment in regal rose then the fern in pear pizzazz on white and matted on regal rose. I ran the pear pizzazz panel through the cuttlebug using Tiny Bubbles embossing folder. My base is so saffron cs. My image and sentiment are from a set from MARKS FINEST PAPERS called "FISH YOU WERE HERE". Hope you like it. I sure wish Uncle Hershel was still around so I could give it to him. He would have loved it.
RECIPE:
Stamps: Fish You Were Here - MFP
Paper: white, so saffron, pear pizzazz, regal rose, newspaper
Ink: tuxedo black
Accessories: newspaper, cuttlebug, tiny bubbles EF, dimensionals, copics
Techniques: copic coloring

No comments: