TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Friday, August 14, 2009

Winding Down Beach Life

This is for today's LIMITED SUPPLY CHALLENGE - Winding Down Summer hosted this week by Jeanne S with a challenge to use a Summer theme. Well this is a set from Flourish Stamp Co that I bought bc I just HAD TO HAVE IT and today it finally got dirty. YEAH! I found some varigated ribbon for Julia's Thursday's WAYS TO USE IT CHALLENGE - Varigated Colors and for my layout I used Roxy's Wednesday SKETCH CHALLENGE. My focal panel ended up a bit wider than I wanted so I trimmed around the right side and now it fits Anne's Wednesday DOUBLEDOG DARE CHALLENGE - Out Of The Box. Whoo Hoo. I stamped this darling image in black brilliance then colored with copics E31, E33, E35, G21, & G24. I sponged some bashful blue and appricot appeal using a scallop oval template then punched a circle and did some reverse masking to some some barely banana for a sun image. I covered the palm leaves with stickles and matted this on wild wasabi. I used some wild wasabi & close to cocoa pattern papers tied with my varigated ribbon. I heated the ends of the ribbon bc the sun was so hot it almosted melted that ribbon. Focal image is up on dimensionals. My card base is certainly celery. The sentiment was stamped in brilliant blue bc I love blue and it had to go somewhere. LOL. Hope you like it.
RECIPE:
Stamps: Beach Life - Flourishes
Paper: white, wild wasabi, wwpp, close to cocoa pp, certainly celery
Ink: brillian blue, black brilliance
Accessories: copics, ribbon, dimensionals
Techniques: out of the box, 3D

1 comment:

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

This is sooo pretty! Love the palm trees with the sparkle!!