TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Monday, December 1, 2008

Dec H & M Blog Hoppin' Time


I made these for this month's H&M Blog Hop. The tall large project is an emptied & cleaned Tomatoe Sauce can I covered with some baby wrapping paper from a baby shower gift. My stepdaughter just found out she is having her 2nd and last child so I will fill this with cotton balls, q-tips, alcohol, lotion, and baby wash as gift to her.
the small shorter project is an altered can of cashews. Shannon says all 3 of her kids love cashews so I will cover the other 2 and give them as part of their gifts this year. I love altering cans and wrapping paper is so much easier to work with than card stock because CS is so stiff it just does not like to make a circle around the cans. I covered 2 cans for my youngest daughter when she had her 1st child and it is so kewl to go to her house and see those covered cans still being used. That was 3 yrs ago.

For more fun click on each DT member to visit their blogs for more ideas all wrapped up in creativitiy:

10 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Great packaging Neva!! Baby items are always perfect!!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Love these wrapped beauties!! So cute!!

Lauren said...

Super cute Neva! I'm sure they'll be a hit.

Julia Aston said...

great way to make a gift container Neva! my husband and son both love cashews too and I always give them a can for Christmas - this is a fun idea to dress them up!

Suzanne J Dean said...

Great wrapping for these containers & so cute to boot!

hugz,
Suzanne

Carolina said...

What adorable containers Neva! Love how you popped up the little elephant and the colors are just perfect for each occassion!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Fantastic idea! Perfect recycling project and WAY cute!!!!!

Emma Fewkes said...

Wow, that's genius Neva ... a tomato soup can? Who'd have thought! It's perfect and I'm not sure how long cashews would last in my house! Hope the grand kids love 'em!

Heather said...

Super adorable! Love the idea of decorating the paint can for a gift! Love it!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Such sweet gift tins, Neva! So very clever!!!