TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Saturday, December 20, 2008

G'Day Mate Lion

I am going to Shannon's today for us to make some more candy and cookies for Christmas gifts. Hope they turn out better than the last 2 we did here. LOL.
This is for today's INSPIRATION CHALLENGE - Maximo Gallery. I got my inspiration from THE STRIPES IN THESE PURSES and FUZZY HAIR DOLLS. I used today's Paper Craft Planet SKETCH CHALLENGE. I used a really kewl clear acrylic stamp set called G'DAY MATE from Heather Rolin's last release from H & M STAMP COMPANY - SEE AD BELOW FOR SPECIAL SAVINGS. I stamped the lion on white then just the head on white then on 2 shades or orange mulberry paper. I colored all images on white with prismacolor pencils then blended w/gamsol. I cut the head out. I wet the mulberry paper and tore for a jagged edge effect. I adhered the 2 mulberry pieces to the white head then popped them up over the full image. I had to trim the image to fit and still it ended up wider than I wanted but oh well. I used some Image That dp with stips. I tied 3 strands of hemp in a knot, stamped the sentiment in Not Quite Navy on white and distressed the edges. This is punched w/the wide oval punch and matted on orange.
RECIPE:
Stamps: G'day Mate, HMStampCo
Paper: white, Image That dp, light blue, navy blue, orange
Ink: Black Brilliance, Not Quite Navy
Accessories: Hemp, wide oval punch, dimensionals, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol Blending Medium, blending stumps
Techniques: Gamsol Magic, 3d, sponging

SAVE ! SAVE ! SAVE !

No comments: