TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thoughts of Warmest Regards

This is for today's WAYS TO USE IT CHALLENGE # 306 - Gradient where I used my SU markers begining at the bottom of the tree image with pear pizzazz then bravo burgandy and top with baja breeze. I stamped this on white then cut and embossed used Nesties Label 4. While the nestie was still in place I sponged some Ranger Antique Linen ink to tone the white down. The die cut is for today's STAMPIN' B'S CHALLENGE # 94 - Die Cuts.
My layout is from Wednesday's SKETCH CHALLENGE # 316 and my color combo is Tuesday's COLOR CHALLENGE # 306 - Bravo Pizzazz Breezes.
The image is a silhouette image for Monday's TECHNIQUE LOVERS CHALLENGE # 308 - Silhouettes.
I have almost depleted my stash of sympathy cards and need to replenish them so this was perfect for that opportunity.
My dp is from Basic Grey's Curio stack after trimming the size I needed I distressed the 2 edges with Ranger Antique Linen and Tea Dye then black to make them look like the original edges all around.
I sponged the edges of the baja breeze and pear pizzazz panels. The sentiment from warmest regards was stamped in bravo burgandy. I tied a burgandy ribbon around the baja breeze panel.

Now as I was taking my photo the phone rang and my youngest daughter was calling to tell my her baby (Jaylen 2 1/2yr) was admitted at 2am. I growled at her bc she was just calling at 7am to tell me this. So in my rush I failed to take a pic of the inside which I think is just as pretty as the outside.
I stamped a sentiment in bravo burgandy then after stamping off I stamped the tree again over the sentiment.

I finally got a pic later tonight when things settled better.
RECIPE:
Stamps: Thoughts and Prayers, Warmest Regards
Paper: white, vanilla, baja breeze, pear pizzazz, BG Curio dp
Ink: momento tuxedo black, Ranger Antique Linen & Tea Dye, Bravo burgandy, pear pizzazz, baja breeze
Accessories: ribbon, dimensionals, Nesties Lable 4, sponges
Techniques: sponge distressing, gradient stamping, silhouettes,

3 comments:

Benzi said...

Neva, your tree image on the die cut is just beautiful. Just a gorgeous card. Sure hope your grandson heals quickly. Thanks for playing with the B's .

Unknown said...

This is a very beautiful card... I love the tree stamp!

Thank you so much for sharing!!!

~Ola
okj83 at live dot com
zloe.blogspot.com

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

This is beautiful! Love how you inked the tree and that dp!! Arent you glad I talked you into getting it?!LOL!!