TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

A CASE of Happy Pansies

This is for today's FEATURED STAMPER - Tillymint. I chose to CASE her FRIENDS ARE LIKE FLOWERS and left off the bordered edge, changed the colors and flower type and used double embossing rather than just around the image.
This is also for Saturday's INSPIRATION CHALLENGE # 269 - Rooms by Zoya where I just loved this fabric of PARADISE OF FLOWERS.
I used a Pansy flower set from MARKS FINEST PAPERS called "Happy Pansies" and stamped the flower in Elegant Eggplant then the sentiment in riding hood red and shadowed around the flower with copic matches for soft suede for Tuesday's COLOR CHALLENGE # 307 - Soft Elegant Rides. These warm colors also fit Friday's FREE 4 ALL CHALLENGE # 49 - Warm Fuzzies.
This CAS creation took much longer than I care to admit as I have always had a difficult time with double embossing but I am determined to reverse that trend by persistance. LOL.
After coloring the pansie I added some copic glitter pen color and a half pearl in the center.
RECIPE:
Stamps: Happy Pansies - MFP
Paper: white
Ink: elegant eggplant, riding hood red
Accessories: copics, copic glitter pen, half pearl, Nesties label 9, Cuttlebug Birds and Swirls embossing folder
Techniques: Double Embossing

2 comments:

Bev Gerard said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm ... Pansies are amongst my favorite blooming plants! This is be-U-tiful!!

~Bev

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

SO pretty and elegant! I can never pull off the white on white like this!