TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Shhh Holiday Blocks are in Town

This is for today's COLOR CHALLENGE # 300 - Celebration of Colors seems like we are doing a lot of reflecting here on SCS. Hum are we getting ready for the New Years Resolutions? LOL. This weeks color challenge was to use a past color challenge and since I LOVED last weeks colors and still had them on my desk well, I went with it so here is another COLOR CHALLENGE # 299 - Red Old Rocks. Shannon came over Saturday for some play time and we both had this image stamped so we set out to add color. Well we quickly realized there was a lot to color and small spaces as well. This image may not see ink again until next year. LOL. I used copics to color my image then cut, embossed and sponged using Nesties Label 17. Love that nestie. My layout is from Monday's MOJO MONDAY # 168. After cutting and embossing I sponged some river rock on the inside to tone down the white. My small image is stampin up's Holiday Block stamped in versamark and heat embossed. I then sponged some so saffron to give it a gold look. I did this emboss resist for Monday's TECHNIQUE LOVERS CHALLENGE # 302 - Emboss Resist. I punched a hole where the hole at the top of the image was and tied a red ribbon in a bow for Monday's CLEAN AND SIMPLE CHALLENGE # 96 - Bows. I love how this turned out and hope you do to.
RECIPE:
Stamps: Stampavie's Shhh, Stampin Up's Holiday Blocks
Paper: red textured, white
Ink: so saffron, river rock
Accessories: copics, dew drops, ribbon, Nestability Label 17
Techniques: emboss resist, copic coloring, sponge distressing

3 comments:

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Such a cute image. I like the shape you cut it in and the jingle bell accent panel.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is simply gorgeous. Such beautiful coloring. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Great job with this sketch! Love the dew drops at the bottom.