TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Rusty's Relaxation Technique

This is for today's COLOR CHALLENGE # 277 - Curry Bay Durangos. I love these colors together and had suggested them when these In Colors were 1st released. So glad they are being used. My layout is from MOJO MONDAY 145. I used a digital image from Hambo called "Fat Cat" and that is just what our Rusty was. He and Garfield would have gotten along great since they were both fat and mischief. Rusty used to love to hide around the entertainment center after all the lights were off and grab the girls as they ran back to their rooms after telling me goodnight. He knew they hated the dark. I just layed in the bed waiting for the SCREAMS and the "Rusty I'm gonna kill you" to come before trying to fall asleep. LOL. Well it would also be just like him to get on a float in the pool and cool off in the hot days of summer like this fat cat is doing.
I used a drink image I picked up in the dollar bin at Michaels and popped it up. The sentiment is stamped in dusty durango and is from Stampin' Up's Hope Happens set. I thought it fit quite niecely on here. The dp is from a glitter stack called "SUMMER". My images were colored with copics.
OK, so you know how some people just can not leave well enough alone? YEP! I am one of those people. I was talking to Shannon today and she made a suggestion that I did not think of. Anyway I had to come home and try her suggestion. I stamped the drink image in crushed curry on the bottom panel of crushed curry for a tone on tone. I love it. I also added some stickles to the drinks. Now the card that I made that I liked, I really like it. Hope you do too.
RECIPE:
Stamps: Hope Happens - SU, Fat Cat - Hambo, Drink
Paper: whtie, crushed curry, dusty durango, Summer DP
Ink: dusty durango, MomentoTuxedo Black,
Accessories: ribbon, dimensiona, copics, Nesties Circles

3 comments:

Jean said...

Hi there - love how you've used this image. It's one I have myself and you are giving me ideas. lol - The sentiment is absolutely perfect. Great card!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This card totally made me smile this morning. Love it! Thanks for playing Mojo!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

SO cute and yes that does look like my Rusty too bad we cant find a stamp with a cat sliding across the floor and smacking the cabinets!LOL!! Great job on the mojo sketch!!