TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Southwest Cowboy Birthday Braids

This is for today's TECHNIQUE LOVERS CHALLENGE # 360 - Twine IT Up. I hope what I did is OK, I ran one piece across the hat and braided one strand and attached it with a brad.
My layout is from today's CLEAN AND SIMPLE CHALLENGE # 153 - Sketch by loll. I used reverse masking for my 3 color blocks. I started by punching out the 3 different sizes of deckled punches on paper then began at the bottom with certainly celery, middle with crumb cake and top with bashful blue. I then stamped the cactus in lucky limeade, the cowboy in choc chip and the sentiment in bashful blue. I bought this set just for that hunk-a cowboy, wowzer.
Happy Monday to all my fellow cyber challenge junkies. LOL.
RECIPE:
Stamps: Southwest Cowboy - MFP
Paper: vanilla, brown
Ink: Bashful blue, certainly celery, lucky limade, crumb cake, choc chip
Accessories: twine, hardware, glue dots, stacked deckled punches, sponges
Techniques: sponging, color blocking, reverse masking, braiding

1 comment:

Runs with Scissors said...

I'll be casing this one. My DH and DS are kinda cowboys on our 7 horse ranch. Fabulous card.