TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Fancy Valen-TWINED Remake

This is for today's FREE 4 ALL CHALLENGE # 100 - Have A Heart or Two and today's QUEEN FOR THE DAY CHALLENGE # 96 - lisalara who is a sweetheart as well as a fabulous inspiration on this website. I chose to CASE Lisa's LOVE KNOTS. I made 2 knots at the top of my heart using twine which is for Monday's TECHNIQUE LOVERS CHALLENGE # 360 - Twine It Up.
I did some faux stitching for Thursday's WAYS TO USE IT CHALLENGE # 358 - Sew Beautiful.
My layout is from Wednesday's SKETCH CHALLENGE # 368 and my color combo is from Tuesday's COLOR CHALLENGE # 358 - Pretty Pink Rose with a dessert option of Valentine.
OK so I was not in love with my last creation on Wednesday so I took it apart and did a "do-over" on it. I like it much better now I think. Not sure the white heart in the center of the big scalloped heart will stay, not really growing on me right now. What do you think?
I used some valentine dp for the 2 panels and matted them, I also sponged and matted the sentiment panel and cut the cornes.
I sponged the heart border panel as well. I threaded white twine in loops rather than straight around and like that much better. So give me your opinion please.
RECIPE:
Stamps: Fancy Flexible Phrases
Paper: white, rose red, pink pirouette, pretty in pink, valentine dp
Ink: rose red, pretty in pink
Accessories: twine, dimensionals, Fiskars Heart border punch, MS Heart Punch, Maurvy Scalloped Heart, corner punch
Techniques: faux stitching, sponging, 3d

No comments: