TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sponged Snowglobe Sneak Peek

This is for today's TREEHOUSE THURSDAY CHALLENGE # 67 - Sponged Background. This was made using some digital images that will be available Oct 1st from TREEHOUSE STAMPS DIGITAL Sets I printed this darling snowglobe image from "Seasonal Snowglobes". I used GIMP to manipulate the image to include the penguin and the santa hat from "Happy Feet". The sentiment is from "Santa's Vacation" that is already available.
I used some dp from DCWV that I picked up last year.
I sponged some soft sky ink on the top portion then colored the hat, mouth and feet with copics. I added some white glittery fun flock to the bottom to simulate snow in the snow globe.
I used some white liquid applique on the hat then heated it from the back side to make it puff up.
Tied some ribbon across and matted on cool carribean cs base.
Hope you love it. Be sure to check back often as more sneak peeks will follow then be sure to visit the store on October 1st to get your sets ordered.

RECIPE:
Stamps: Seasonal Snowglobes, Happy Feet, Treehouse Stamps
Paper: white, DCWV Holiday dp, cool carribean
Ink: soft sky
Accessories: ribbon, digis, copics
Techniques: sponging, copic coloring

4 comments:

Princess Scrapper Stamper said...

WOW!! Neva this is just super adorable!! Your sponging is fabulous and your little snow globe penguin is just so darling!! I love it my friend, tfs!!!

Julie said...

Beautiful snowglobe card Neva! Gorgeous coloring and sponging. My favorite is the white applique on the hat - super cool! Your card is AWESOME!

Virginia L. said...

Love this adorable image with the lovely background, Neva!! Well-done! Hope you are keeping well!! xoxo

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Super cute card! Love that dp and ribbon!!