TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Yummy Strawberry Short Cake

If I could have only 1 dessert in my life this is what I would request. I love strawberries and while last winter's weather was said to take it's tole on the crop there is no shortage around in this area. The problem is some berries are juicy and sweet and some are just juicy, YUK so I sweeten the pot. LOL. This is my idea of a short cake light dessert.
RECIPE:
WHITE portion
1 80z pack light cream cheese
1 8oz bowl light cool whip
1/2 cup of sugar or substitute
RED Portion
1 package fresh strawberries sliced thin (slice 6 in half for top garnish)
1 package strawberry glaze (light if available
2 package sugar free strawberry jello prepared by directions on box
CAKE Portion
1 Angel Food Cake torn in bite size pieces

Whip the cream cheese, cool whip and sugar until smooth and set aside.
Keep an eye on the strawberry jello and remove from fridge in semijelled condition then fold in glaze and thin slices of berries.

In bowl begin with 1/2 of the Cake pieces on the bottom layer topped with 1/2 of the RED Portion topped with 1/2 of the WHITE Portion spread evenly then begin the layers again. Top with the berries sliced in half for garnishment, chill and serve in LARGE BOWLS. LOL. Awe there is just nothing like this dessert on a warm spring or summer day. I make at least 2 of these every year and this one is going to work today. Before I take it though I realized I have never taken a picture of this and not only is it delicious I think it is so pretty so make one for your family and enjoy.

1 comment:

Bridgett Owens said...

Oh that looks delicious! I love, love, love strawberries! Mmmm! I am eager to try this recipe! Thank you for sharing!
Angel Hugs,
Bridgett