TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Oh Happy Day

Oh My Oh My was I doin’ the happy dance Sunday night when I got a PM from Betty asking if I would like to provide a sample for this weeks color challenge. After I picked myself up from the floor I pm’d back with a hesitating (NOT) YES, OH YES. So this is for today's COLOR CHALLENGE # 266 – Blushing Coral Rubies. I love these colors together. Betty is paying tribute to retiring SU colors. I really hate to see these go since they are some of my favorite colors but I still have paper, pens, re-inkers so I will use them until they are gone. LOL.

I decided to use a set I bought from The Greeting Farm called “Oh Happy Day”. This little girl just tickles my funny bone with her all frocked up and no where to go. She reminds me of Madison (Shannon’s # 2 child) who loves to dress up and act like a GLAMORE GAL! Such a drama queen that one, but loved by all. I stamped my image in tuxedo Memento ink then colored with copics E30, E31, E33, E34, E35, E37, E80, E51, E53, R20, R21, R22, R24, R27, Y11, & Y13. After coloring I trimmed around the hair and edge then used Nesties circle and trimmed and embossed. My matt is from Labels 3 in ruby red cs. My card base is cameo coral with Background basics Star block stamped in creamy caramel. I did some shading around the image with C1 and C3 then airbrushed with Y11. A strip of creamy caramel on the right side topped with blush blossom ribbon tied with gold cord through a button for accent. I wish I could tie bows like Betty. Maybe one day she will teach me her secret.

I hope you like my sample and hope you play along with todays color combo. Happy Stampin’ All.

1 comment:

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Shes sooooo cute!! fabulous job on this and congrats on being asked to help with the cc!