TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Praise Him Bookmark Card for FIL

This is for today's TECHNIQUE LOVERS CHALLENGE # 268 - Save the Page. Can you believe this is for just 1 challenge, LOL. That is what happens when the phone rings at 7am with one of those "we need you right now" calls. Oh well, I had this bookmark made for awhile just no idea what I wanted to do with it until today. Thanks Holly for the kick in the behind. I used some dark brown cs and my Cuttlebug Fleu De Lis Embossing folder after trimming with my brand new Nestie Large Oval Scallop, The white card base was also cut with the Large Oval so that you could see the bookmark inside the card which is held inside with a strip of the outside cs. Here is a close up picture of the bookmark. My bookmark was made with a stamp set from Clear and Simple called "Praise Him". The sentiment is stamped in close to cocoa and the cross in creamy caramel. I also sponged around the corners and sides to soften the white. I made this for my Father In Law and now it is complete and ready to give him in June. Whoo Hoo thanks again Holly. I hope he likes it.
RECIPE:
Stamps: Praise Him - CSS
Paper: white, brown
Ink: close to cocoa, creamy caramel
Accessories: cuttlebug, Fleur De Lis, Nesties, brad, ribbon
Techniques: dry emboss, sponge distressing

3 comments:

Joanne Travis said...

Neva, This is so beautifully done. A perfect verse to look at often as a bookmark so we always think of the incredible sacrifice He made for us. Thanks for sharing.

Bridgett Owens said...

Oh, Neva! Your FIL will love this! I know I do!! Beautiful card and I <3 how you can see the bookmark inside!

Bridgett Owens said...

Oh, Neva! Your FIL will love this! I know I do!! Beautiful card and I <3 how you can see the bookmark inside!