TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Heartfelt Mother's Day

This is for today's SKETCH CHALLENGE # 277. For my color combo I used Tuesday's COLOR CHALLENGE # 267 - Basic Appealing Shadows. What a fun sketch this was for today. I used a digital flower from a set called "Simply Heartfelt" that is due for release tonight at midnight from TREEHOUSE STAMPS DIGITAL LINE. My dragon fly is from a digital set called "Ashley's Doodles". I used GIMP to manipulate my images. The dragon fly was added to the flower image and also printed out separately, colored, cut out and popped up. That small dot in the center of the wings was just the right size for the small pop dots I have. YEAH. I used my spica glitter pen to trace around the swirls and the veins of the leaves after coloring with copics. This image is just so pretty to me. Apricot Appeal base for panel 1, panel 2 is some My Minds Eye dp matted on basic gray cs, a strip of sage shadow topped with apricot appeal ribbon and the sentiment layer for panel 3 and my focal image is matted on apricot appeal then popped up on some sage shadow. I love how this turned out.
Here is a close up look of the flower image panel.
RECIPE:
Stamps: Simply Heartfelt, Ashley's Doodles, Treehouse Stamps Digitals
Paper: white, apricot appeal, sage shadow, basic gray
Accessories: copics, ribbon, dimensionals, spica glitter pen
Techniques: copic coloring, 3D, digi's

1 comment:

Julia Aston said...

Very pretty Neva! love that DP!