TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Friday, April 16, 2010

Mother's Day Bookmark

This is for today's FREE 4 ALL CHALLENGE # 8 - Out of the box and Embossed, Thursday's TREEHOUSE THURSDAY CHALLENGE #045 - Decophage/Paper Tole, Wednesday's SKETCH CHALLENGE # 276, Tuesday's COLOR CHALLENGE # 266 - Blushing Coral Rubies, and Monday's TECHNIQUE LOVERS CHALLENGE # 268 - Save the Page. Whey. I think I got 1 for every day of this week. LOL. I made this for Shannon's kids to give to her for Mother's Day. She has 3 so thus 3 small birds telling her what a "tweet" Mom she is. I created the sentiment myself, the birds are from a digital set called "Little Tweety" from TREEHOUSE STAMPS DIGITAL LINE. The birds were lined up then cut with my new Large Oval Nestie leaving the oval sentiment out of the box. I left the nestie in place and airbrushed some yellow around the frame edge. The birds were then colored with copics. I punched some circles for each bird then cut out some wings for each one, colored those and popped them up. My blush blossom base is stamped with an image from Fresh Fillers with ruby red ink. My bookmark is frrom dp from SU that I just had to have and this is the 1st time I used it. Razzberry Tart? I think is the name of it and it is matted on cameo coral with some white ribbon colored with cameo coral ink to match. A brass groumet for the ribbon holder and when pulled this section of the sketch then convienently slides right out for use as a bookmark. Shannon loves to read books especially while relaxing at the beach so I hope she likes this. This line up of birds reminds me of The Partridge Family and now that tune is in my head. Grrr. I also hate when I am almost finished with something and mess up, I am already later for work than I want to be and I turned my focal panel upside down to apply adhesive and guess there was a small piece of the 2 sided tape I used to hold my mask in place for Airbrushing and it took some of the top layer off my sentiment. GGGGRRRR. I will redo that portion before giving this to Shannon for sure.
RECIPE:
Stamps: Fresh Fillers - SU, Little Tweety - THS Digital
Paper: whtie, blush blossom, cameo coral, Razzberry Tart
Ink: ruby red, cameo coral
Accessories: dimensionals, Nesties, copics, groumet, ribbon
Techniques: Paper Tole, Decophage, Copic Coloring, Bookmark, Out of the Box Embossing, Airbrushing.

1 comment:

Virginia L. said...

Incrdibly cute, Neva! I love how you lined up the little tweeties! Awesome card!!