TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

THT044 Ashley's Angled Doodles

Well it's Thursday and that means it is time for another TREEHOUSE THURSDAY CHALLENGE. This week the featured DT member is Anne Harmon (the RED lover). LOL. I love to tease Anne about her love for red. She really thinks there is no other color but today she has fooled me. She choose the challenge for today and picked a COLOR CHALLENGE - Yellow, Lavendar, and a Neutral. WHAT? Are you kiding me and I had my red inks ready ! GASP!! I guess she was just in a spring mood when she picked these darling colors huh? Anyway, I quickly went to work before she could change her mind. I used a brand new just released today digital set from TREEHOUSE STAMPS called "ASHLEY'S DOODLES" for this. I printed out this darling cup image in a small image and then a larger one after adding the flower to the center by using GIMP photo editing (love it). They were both colored with copics G21, G24, V12, V15, V17, Y21, Y23, and Y26. I lined the smaller image up on my cs before printing to allow for 3 3/4 X 5 1/4 size so I could decorate the inside of my card too. Trying to keep that promise to myself. Anway the larger cup was trimmed then embossed with Nesties Labels 2 as well as the matt. I used crushed curry and lavendar lace cs and Basic Gray's Sugar Rush dp. I have my focal image and matt at an angle so it is fits today's WAYS TO USE IT CHALLENGE # 265 - Angled Interest. I Love how this turned out. I hope you do too. Come on and play along with us. Include THT044 in your upload keywords so we can find your work on Splitcoast or in the tags on Paper Craft Planet. Make sure to provide us with a link to your post over on THS blog in the Mister Linky Widget too just in case we miss it on SCS or PCP. Have a wonderful Weekend.
RECIPE:
STAMPS: Ashley's Doodles - Treehouse Stamps Digital Line
PAPER: White, Lavendar Lace, Crushed Curry, Basic Gray - Sugar Rush
ACCESSORIES: Ribbon, Nesties Label 2, Copics
TECHNIQUE: Copic Coloring

4 comments:

Deb said...

Good morning, GF! Coffee cup in hand here too! ;)

Love this, Neva! Perfect combination of images for a gorgeous, dainty-girl cup! Beautiful!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Oh Neva, you make me laugh!! I guess I really tricked you by not choosing RED, huh? I love your card with the cup and flowers! Great job!! I need to learn how to combine images!!!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Love the flower cup! Very springy and lovely creation!! Lovin how you are finishing the insides of your cards too!

Michele Kovack said...

This is a beautiful card! Love your coloring!