TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Retiform Autumn Blessings

This is for today's TREEHOUSE THURSDAY CHALLENGE - Color Combo (Crushed curry, dusty Durango, soft suede, & a neutral). Ashley has chosen some perfect colors for us to be inspired by the changing of the seasons all around us. It is good to see the trees finally turning around here in the deep south. If you don't have these SU colors then she says still please free to play along with colors you do have close to these mentioned. I also did not get to do and wanted to try Monday's TECHNIQQUE LOVERS CHALLENGE - Retiform so I had to try it. Not as difficult as I thought it might be. I trimmed some of my post it notes in various shapes and began with crushed curry rolled then placed my post its and rolled dusty durango, then more post its and a light roll of soft suede on top to sorta give it an aged (distressed) look. My layout is from Sunday's CARD POSITIONING SYSTEMS SKETCH CHALLENGE # 139. Love this sketch. I used dusty durango for my base and a strip of durango on top of my retiform background panel. The sentiment on my focal panel was stamped in soft suede then the leaves inked in crushed curry and rolled in dusty durango then stamped randomly. I punched out 2 different types of leaves from Fiskars punches in crushed curry and sponged the edges with dusty durango then popped them up. The focal panel and matt were cut with Labels 4 Nestie. The nesties and the stamp set used called Autumn Blessings can be found at TREEHOUSE STAMPS. Hope you like it and come on play along with the THT challenge this week. Last week we had 22 stampers play along with the THT challenge. Ashley would love to see those 22 and more come back this week and play along with the color challenge, just remember to include THT021 in your keyword/tags when uploading to SCS or Paper Craft Planet. Thanks for taking a look and let me know what you think.
RECIPE:
Stamps: Autumn Blessings - Treehouse Stamps
Paper: white, dusty durango
Ink: crushed curry, dusty durango, soft suede
Accessories: Fiskars leaf punches
Techniques: Retiform, 3D

1 comment:

Nicki (CSS) said...

Love the pop of leaves on the card it looks so life like.