TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Uplifting Occassion

Well today's SKETCH CHALLENGE called for a large image so I immediately went for my Penny Black stamps of which I only have 2 but have a hard time using because they are so large. I also used Tuesday's COLOR CHALLENGE - Elegant Teal Olives. I love this image and was happy to be able to use it today. I did paper piercing and then faux stitching using my eggplant marker. I also punched out 1 eggplant and 1 teal butterfly with my Martha Stewart punch glued in the center and folded the wings up. I applied stickles around the butterfly and on the butterflies on the image. The image was colored mostly with Prismacolor Pencils then blended w/gamsol. I did use the marker for the tiny circles in the lace. Hope ya like it.
RECIPE:
Stamps: Uplifting Occassions by Penny Black
Paper: Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant, white
Ink: taken with teal, elegant eggplant, old olive, black stazon
Accessories: stickles, prismacolor pencils, gamsol blending medium
Techniques: Gamsol Magic

4 comments:

Linsey R said...

yes, Neva--I really like it! THis is so adorable and what a cute image i love the bra, so pretty-hehe! That kitty inside is the cutest thing! Your coloring is awesome and I love your stitching! FAntabulous card, just like you! Hugs! Not sure if you saw it with all the junk I've got cluttering up my blog, but I gave you an award over at my blog...you have to scroll down a ways, but it is on the first page. It's the *blogging with a purpose* award. YOur are just a great pal and I don't tell you enough! I think you are wonderful and I'm lucky to know you! Hugs, my friend!

Lauren said...

This is just adorable! The soft colors compliment the image so well.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What an adorable image. . .love your card!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

super duper cute card! Great image to use for the sketch! love your sparkling outline on the butterfly!