TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Friday, August 1, 2008

Ethel's Smilin'

Hello Friday, Yeh. Well I did not get to stamp Thursday due to work so I set the clock a little early. I need my morning fix OK!LOL. This is for today's LIMITED SUPPLY - Think happy thoughts. We were to make something that would make someone smile, My first thought was "ETHEL!" she always makes me smile. I just love these images because they remind me so much of so many of the patient's I have cared for. Because I did not get to do Thursday's challenge I had to add it to today's, ya know how I love to combine! so this is also for WAYS TO USE IT CHALLENGE - Scraps. I used scraps for almost everything on here. I used Wednesday's SKETCH CHALLENGE as well. My colors I chose are from this weeks BRAINWAVE CHALLENGE - Colors of White, Pumpkin Pie, Apricott Appeal, and Soft Sky hosted every Wednesday by Ashley Bowen on her Blog. These were really fun to use on this card. Of course Ethel's hair had to be soft sky, ya know how them ladies love that blueish hair.teehee. I just luv'em though. Sorry about messing up the sentiment, I did it last and all the work I put in to paper piecing her dress and coloring and shading, pearls, crystal effects on her glasses I just left it after I bombed the sentiment. Maybe it will bring a smile to someone's face. It did mine!
RECIPE:
Stamps:
Rubbernecker - Ethel & Handbag, Strange & Wonderful
Paper: White, apricott appeal, pumpkin pie, soft sky, apricot appeal pattern paper
Ink: black stazon, Pumpkin pie, apricot appeal, soft sky, flesh & grey Copic Markers
Accessories: Pearl embellishments, white jel pen, crystal effects
Techniques: paper piecing

Neva

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Too funny and the colors are fab!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Ethel always makes me smile! Shes too funny! love the paper piecing and pearls!