TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Monday, December 10, 2007

Beary Merry Christmas Gift Card Holder

This is for todays' Technique Lovers Challenge to PIECE UP A GREAT GIFT by making a gift card holder and using paper piecing as well. Thanks Michelle for this challenge. I am almost finished with Christmas Cards except I needed 2 gift card holders so that took care of 1 of those for me.I used Jen's turorial Michelle included except it really does help if you read in it's entirety BEFORE you begin.lol. I am so used to attaching my focal image until I slapped that adhesive on at attached it to the front then remembered I was suppose to put dimensionals on the left backside and nothing on the right. oooppss. Oh Well. I improvised and used a velcro sticker to close my holder. I should have popped up the bow tie which is my paper piecing. I stamped the image on green using real red ink and cut out the bow tie to put in place. The santa hat is also cut out, colored and attached. The sentiment is from Beary Merry Christmas and is coloring in using Garden Green and Real Red markers matted and popped up. Paw prints are stamped randomly on the card base in black. The bear is stamped in Timber Brown Stazon then colored with water color pencils. Stickles is applied to the button, rim and ball of the hat.

No comments: