TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Easy Peasy Yummy Pound Cake

OK I will admit I am 53 yrs old and when I was in my 20's I attempted one of those "add 1 egg at a time pound cakes on clear day with no rain  & don't open the oven until it is done,etc" that ended up weighing 10#. It went out in the yard and the dogs would not even eat it. LOL.
Today it is flooding here and I can not get in the pool so what did I do?  I tried another pound cake with a much easier recipe.  YEAH!!  I think I am glad I tried it again. LOL. I am trying to loose some weight. 
Man this thing turned out pretty and delicious too and I even opened the over after 1 hr because it was smelling so strong I wanted to make sure it was not done already.  Thank you Danice for the recipe:

3 cups plain flour
3 cups sugar
Dash of salt
1tsp Vanilla Flavoring
9 eggs
1 1/3 cup oil

Mix flour, then salt, then sugar then vanilla flavoring, then eggs until slightly blended then add oil and pour in large tube pan.
Bake on 350 degrees for about 1 1/2hr or until toothpick comes out clean.  My oven took 1h15m. Oven temps vary.