TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Friday, June 3, 2011

Cocoa's Banana Split Post-It Note Holder


This is for today's FREE 4 ALL CHALLENGE # 67 - Not Cards Today, and today's salute for QUEEN FOR THE DAY # 63 - jandjccc. I chose to CASE Mary's yummy TRIPLE SCOOP ICE CREAM CONE.
This is also for Thursday's WAYS TO USE IT CHALLENGE # 325 - Dying for Die Cuts where I used Nesties Label 17 for my post it note holder base and a smaller die in the set for the focal panel as well.
I used a digital image called "COCOA"s SUNDAE" from SWEET N SASSY STAMPS for today's SWEET N SASSY DIGITAL CHALLENGE # 5 - Anything But A Card. I traced the overlay of the note pad after thinning the number of sheets in it so I could trim it to fit the nestie shape.
I colored my focal image with copics:
E31, 34, 37, 39
R21, 24
Y00, Y11
I am going to get back in the habit of listing my copics, I promise. After coloring I applied some glaze to the cherry and white liquid applique to the whipped cream then heated it from behind to make it puff up.
I hope you like this matchbook post it note. I will give this to a co-worker bc if I put it on my desk I will gain 10 lbs a day. LOL. Now off to a 1/2 day of working then home for a swim with Shannon and the grands. Whoo Hoo pool here I come.
RECIPE:
Stamps: Cocoa's Sundae - SNS Digital Line
Paper: Barely banana, white
Accessories: copics, double sided tape, Nesties Label 17, crystal effects, liquid applique
Techniques: copic coloring, post it note holder

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Neva, this is so cute! I just love this new digi!!!

NanaConnie said...

LOVE this Post-It Note project! What a great idea. I think I'm going to do something similar but with a steno notepad for my granddaughter who loves to write short stories.

Carol L said...

Your post-it note pad is unique in the way you diecut the edges! I LOVE that idea! I love how you colored the Cocoa image too :)

merrymstamper said...

Awesome project!!! love the colouring on this image. thanks for joining us!