TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Cocoa & Cookie's Sand Castle

This is for today's SKETCH CHALLENGE # 335. OK so I saw today's sketch and after I got off the floor and stopped crying I decided to give it a try anyway. I DO NOT do well with angles, multi layers, or mixed dp's. Just can not get it. I can combine 16 challenges into 1 creation but just have a hard time with angles, adding a lot of layers, and mixing dps, go figure. Also after skipping out of last weeks challenge bc of all the layers I did not want to miss another SC.
So here it is for what is worth. Rather than having 3 different dps I chose to take one dp and make the angles and layer it from there. I used some Echo Park - Splash dp and marina mist cs for the matts. I stamped the sentiment all the way around using pacific point. I wanted a graduation of blue hues. I colored this darling image using copics and matted on marina mist then popped it up.
My color combo of BLUE, GREEN, & TAN is from Taylors challenge last night over at the SWEET N SASSY JUNE RELEASE BEACH PARTY and also from Shelby's INSPIRATION CHALLENGE using that darling Hawaiian Shirt. WhooHoo wish I could go to that island today and just get some R&R.
I love how this turned out and hope you do too.
RECIPE:
Stamps: Cocoa & Cookie's Sand Castle - SNS
Paper: white, marina mist, Echo Park - Splash
Ink: pacific point
Accessories: copics, dimensionals
Techniques: copic coloring, 3D

No comments: