TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Beach Bum Cocoa

This is for today's SKETCH CHALLENGE # 337 being guest hosted today by the one and only Korin from Sweet N Sassy Stamps.  My color combo is from Tuesday's COLOR CHALLENGE # 3327 - Vanilla Chocolate Olives.  I used Certainly Celery (by mistake) and Choc chip pattern paper seamed with vanilla satin ribbon.  My remake this morning on the right I used a strip of choc chip under my ribbon.
My darling image is from SWEET N SASSY STAMPS called "Beach Bum Cocoa". I stamped the image in Momento Espresso then colored with copics.  I cut and embossed the focal panel using Nesties Label 14 then sponged a bit of yellow for the sun rays.
The sentiment was stamped in choc chip.
Hope you like it.
RECIPE:
Stamps: Beach Bum Cocoa - SNS
Paper: Vanilla, Choc Chip PP, old olive
Ink: Espresso, choc chip
Accessories: Copics, Stickles, Nesties Label 14, dimensionals, ribbon

So in an attempt to redeem myself I have made another TRUE Color Challenge and Sketch Challenge following.
This is for today's SKETCH CHALLENGE # 337 and Tuesday's COLOR CHALLENGE # 327 - Vanilla Chocolate Olives. I thought doing a SC last night I could just get up this morning and go to work but NO not me. My brain cells must have gotten fried in Boston, or when I fell in Boston bc I picked up the wrong dp Tuesday for the CC and again last night then this morning realized I did not truely follow the sketch. GGGRRRR so in an attempt to redeem myself here you go.
I stamped this fabulous relaxing beach scene in adirondack espress ink then colored with copics trimmed, matted and popped it up on dimensionals. My choc chip base is embossed with Shell Collage embossing folder from cuttlebug that I had to have and never have used. I flipped the sketch and my focal image is so large that is hard to see the shell. I used some OLD OLIVE Pattern paper for panel 2 and for paper piecing the beach umbrella.
Now I can go to work with my head held hi. LOL. Sorry Vicki & Korin. Anybody got an extra "get out of jail free" card just in case I need it?
RECIPE:
Stamps: Ocean Paradise - SNS
Paper: vanilla, choc chip, old olive
Ink: Adirondeck Espresso, choc chip
Accessories: stickles, Cuttlebug, Shell Collage, dimensionals
Techniques: paper piecing, 3D, copic coloring

1 comment:

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Aww...Neva, this is so cute! Love the image and such pretty colors.