TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Sparkly Stained Glass Greeting Card Kids

This is for today's COLOR CHALLENGE # 285 - Pacific Razzleberry Olives. My layout is from today's MERCY'S TUESDAY SKETCH CHALLENGE # 88.
Determined to not let a new to me technique beat me I rebounded from my disasterous attempt Monday. So after reading and watching the video from Beate I had to try another of Monday's TECHNIQUE LOVERS CHALLENGE # 287 - Sprakly Stained Glass. This turned out much better, but that usually happens when you read thoroughly and watch/listen to a step by step video. I have also been resistant to begining my Christmas Card production until today. I have been waiting for the right opportunity/challenge to use this set that I just got and decided today was the day since I can not use digitals for the technique that I wanted to try again. I wanted some shading effect so I stamped my image on white and acetate, then colored lightly with copics. I added some green glitter to tree and some purple glitter to just a few areas of the little girls coat and then some snow glitter below her and the sled turned it over, lined it up and pressed it down then trimmed with Nestie label. I ran my old olive base through the cuttlebug using my Snowflake embossing folder. I like this attempt much better.
RECIPE:
Stamps: Greeting Card Kids - Stampin Up
Paper: white, old olive, Rasberry Lemonade dp, DCWV dp
Ink: Stazon
Accessories: copics, glitter, Crystal effects, ribobn, Nestie, Cuttlebug, Snowflake embossing folder
Techniques: Sparkly Stained Glass, dry embossing

2 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is lovely. Love the addition of the glitter! Wonderful job on the technique.

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

OMG! I love love this! First is the super adorable image and you rocked this technique! Love just the little touches of glitter instead of all covered in glitter. Great job!