TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Monday, August 2, 2010

Plaid Beary Thankful Sneak Peek

This is for today's TECHNIQUE LOVERS CHALLENGE # 284 - Plaid Silhouette. Well my brain went crazy since I have been so addicted to digis lately and I almost decided I could not play today. I changed me mind by tweeking the instructions a bit. I printed this darling image from a digi set called "BEARY THANKFUL" that will be released this Wednesday from TREEHOUSE STAMPS DIGITAL LINE. I used GIMP to manipulate my image and cropped out the pumpkin image by itself then printed it as well. I cut out the single pumpkin image, used my so saffron stamp pad to blot some color then the corners of more mustard and pumpkin pie in angles to create the plaid effect then popped it up on the full copic colored image. This is so kewl and I hope this is not cheating, just using my noggin' and now I have to go to work with a headache. LOL.
My dp is from a stack I just bought from Michaels selecting of My Minds Eye. I love it. I used my Flannel Plaid background stamp inked with pumpkin pie and stamped on more mustard for panel 2. My layout is from a previous SKETCH CHALLENGE # 283. I tied some sheer orange ribbon around panel 3 and matted my sentiment on Night of Navy and placed it next to the ribbon. My base and panel 3 are Bordering Blue cs. Hope you like it.
RECIPE:
Stamps: Beary Thankful - Treehouse Stamps Digital Line; Flannel Plaid - Stampin' Up
Paper: white, bordering blue, night of navy
Accessories: copics, dimensionals, digitals, ribbon, Nesties Label 4
Techniques: copic coloring, 3D, digi's

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Very cute! I love your paper piecing.

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

too cute! Love the blue bear and plaid pumpkin! Great dp too!