TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Bodacious Plaid Bouquette

This is for today's COLOR CHALLENGE # 282 - Blushing Riding Expresso. I had to use some substitutes until my order comes today or tomorrow, grrr. My layout is from Monday's TECHNO STAMPERS SKETCH CHALLENGE # 133. I also had to do another one of Monday's TECHNIQUE LOVERS CHALLENGE # 284 - Plaid Silhouettes as this is just the kewlest one for these type of stamps. I hate not getting a good impression on a solid image and typically use my copics to fill in where the impression is lacking so this TLC was appealing to my "lack" of crafty abilities and I love the way this flower and these leaves turned out. I inked my flower image with pink pirouette then tapped the edges of riding hood red in one direction and choc chip from another. I did the same with the leaves using certainly celery and old olive. I added some dessert from todays color challenge - something new to me is my brand new Fiskars border punch. I love it. It is simular to one I wanted from somewhere else but a lot easier to get my hands on. LOL.
RECIPE:
Stamps: Bodacious Bouquet
Paper: white, pink pirouette, riding hood red, MME dp, choc chip pattern paper
Ink: pink pirouette, riding hood red, choc chip, certainly celery, old olive
Accessories: felt ribbon, Fiskars border punch, corner punch
Techniques: Plaid Silhouettes

4 comments:

Selene Kempton said...

Excellent job with this sketch! Great big pretty flower!

kitchen table said...

That kind of layout is common but the flower makes it unique. The color and design of the flower is very artistic. It is so gorgeous.

MJ said...

Very fun, I love your plaid flower, such a fun technique! Thanks so much for joining me and playing along with my sketch this week!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

I love this technique for this flower!! So purty!!