TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Old English Love

Have you ever noticed how people 60-70 yrs ago that married are still together celebrating 50 and 75 yr Anniversaries? Ever wonder why there are so few nowadays? I truely believe it is because they knew before they married they not only loved each other but really liked being together. It was not lust back then, that came after the wedding. It was ALL about love, honor and respect for one another. They had hard times too, just like we do now but loved each other enough to work through those tough times and rise above them. In honor of all of those dear, honorable marriage I made this for today's COLOR CHALLENGE - More Rosey Kiwi's. I also did another of Monday's TECHNIQUE LOVERS CHALLENGE - Round Top Box which just did not quite turn out as it was in my head. The colors inspired me to attempt that late almost gone sunset of dark orange and red in the skyline. Yea, that didn't happen cause it looks like a falling astroid. LOL. Oh well. I sponged the more mustard, rose red, and kiwi kiss. I colored the wall and walkway with copics. All images are stamped in black brilliance and the sentiment is in rose red. You can not see it in the pic but I have crystal effects on the lamp. I ran some white, kiwi, rose red and more mustard cs through my crimper then trimmed in tiny strips for some homemade confetti and what makes you feel more loved than choc, Notin' honey. teehee. Images and sentiment are from 2 sets from H & M STAMP COMPANY called "Old English and Old English Accessories". Hope you like it.
RECIPE:
Stamps: Old English, Old English Accessories - HMStampCo
Paper: White, Kiwi Kiss, Rose Red, More Mustard
Ink: Black Brilliance, Rose Red, Kiwi Kiss, More Mustard
Accessories: Copics, crystal effects, Oval & Circle Scallops
Techniques: sponging

1 comment:

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Great job on the box! So glad you finally got a chance to use this set!!