TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Shore Thing Gift Card Holder Tutorial


Well this is a first for me, a tutorial with step by step and photos to boot. LOL. I just love making these little gift card holders which was a TECHNIQUE LOVERS CHALLENGE # 165 . Beth linked us to a tutorial by HEATHER NICOLES which was a great help I just thougth I would provide a few more insights for assistance since I enjoyed making these and hope you do too.
Supplies:
8 1/2 x 11 Card Stock for Base - Cool Carribean used
2 1/2 x 3 1/4 Card Stock Matt - Kraft used
2 1/4 x 3 Card Stock for Focal Image - white used
Hemp 9 inches long
Word Window Punch
Circle Punch - here 1 3/8 inch
Adhesive
Inks - here Cool Carribean and Close to Cocoa
Stamp Sets - here Shore Thing , Fancy Flexible Phrases, Cheesecloth Background used
Begin with dividing 8 1/2 x 11 CS sheet in half by making it 4 1/4 x 11.
Score at 3 , 5 1/2, and 8 then fold and press with bone folder as picutured.
On the inside fold mark at 3/8 and 3 7/8. Slide word window punch in half way and punch left side then right side. Should look like this after.

Slide the circle punch in about 1/4 way in the center of where the word window punches were used and punch.
This gives the gift card enough room to slide in and out of the slot. (you may also make a slide to attach the gift card to if you wish)
The idea for this design was a combined effort of myself and Shannon. I wanted something masculine bc guys get the short end sometimes when we think of creativity for them. I had made 2 or 3 of these that I felt like just needed a little kick and was asking for her creative mind to help. This is what we came up with. I stamped the front and back of the card with Cheesecloth background using cool carribean for a tone on tone look. (You may also wish to add stamped images on the inside panels) For my focal images the chair was stamped with cool carribean, the sand image was stamped around the chair and on the bottom with close to cocoa and the birds were stamped on the bottom with Close to Cocoa. The sentiment was stamped in the upper right corner with close to cocoa. This was matted on the kraft layer then matted on the card base. I tied the hemp around the entire card loosely to help keep it closed and to aid in sliding it off to get into the card. Now it is your turn. Please provide me with some feedback and let me see your wonderful creations.

2 comments:

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Love it! Thanks for the tutorial!

Julia said...

Thanks for the great instructions!! Love the colors and image you chose.