TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Pastel Pounced Touch of Nature

Good Tuesday morning everyone. This is for today's COLOR CHALLENGE - Purely Wild Celery. I combined it with Monday's TECHNIQUE LOVERS CHALLENGE - Chaulk Pouncing and used H&M Stamp Company HMSC1 -SKETCH CHALLENGE for my layout. Heather is going to be having a new sketch every Saturday on her blog. I love new sketches so I had to try this one too. I sponged some Bravo burgandy(close to pomegrante as possible) and certainly celery chaulk on the white cs then stamped my butterfly image in versa mark. I then sponged deeper with the burgandy and celery chaulks. Matted this on pomegrante cs, applied stickles to the outer edges of the image. The sentiment was stamped in Wild Wasabi and then the mess came. I tried to use my Fastenator again and messed up the left side of my focal image. Well Kelly always said there are no mistakes in stampin' only opportunities for embellishments so I grabbed some pomegrante double stitch ribbon and my new Martha Stewart butterfly punch and went to work. The main image is popped up over the 2 squares of Wild Wasabi pattern paper and pomegrante embossed with cuttlebug birds and swirls squares which are then matted on certainly celery. Card base is 4 1/4 X 4 1/4.
RECIPE:
Stamps: Touch of Nature, So Many Sayings
Paper: Purely Pomegrante, Wild Wasabi Pattern Paper, Certainly Celery, White
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Purely Pomegrante, Certainly celery
Accessories: Pastel chaulks, stickles, ribbon, Martha Stewart Butterfly punch, Fastenator, cuttlebug birds & Swirls
Techniques: Poppin' Pastels, Chaulk Pouncing, Dry Embossing

3 comments:

Julia Aston said...

This is beautiful Neva! love the chalked butterfly! wonderful color panels!

Lauren said...

The butterfly is so pretty. Great card Neva!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Very pretty! love your butterfly! Great job on both the challenges!