TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Birthday Cupcakes for Kim

Well I have just received inspiration from everywhere today so even though I had to work today, my day off :( I had to stamp. This is for today's INSPIRATION CHALLENGE. I got mine for this from the colors. I have had this set for a few weeks now and have not yet inked it up. Well this weekend Kim from My Favorite Things turns 40, Yeh! ((hands clapping)) and to help her celebrate I dirtied up my new set so this is also for My Favorite Things Guest Design Challenge. I pierced around the focal image and used my choc chip marker for faux stitching so this is also for July Ambassador #2 Challenge - Paper Piercing. I used this weeks SKETCH CHALLENGE for a layout. I just love this one. The tray was stamped in choc chip. the cupcakes were stamped with cranberry Crisp then colored with cranberrry crisp pad using blender pen. The icing is very vanilla craft ink and white detail embossing powder bc the vanilla just did not show well enough. The spinkles on top are stamped with versa mark and embossed with copper EP bc I am out of brown. Boy did I need to know that last week while we were shopping at Michaels. LOL. I chose these colors because as my dd e3stamper pointed out on her blog MFT BIRTHDAY red velvet is my fav of all time so the sprinkles are supposed to be pecans on top of cream cheese icing. The sentiment is also embossed with copper EP. I had a hard time with taking a good picture that did not show the glare from the EP, all 6 cupcakes have the specs on them it is just not easy to see.
RECIPE;
Stamps: Warmest Regards, What's Up Cupcake, MFT
Paper: White, Cranberry Crisp, Choc Chip, Everyday Tango (My Minds Eye)
Ink: Cranberry Crisp, Vanilla Craft Ink, Choc Chip,
Accessories: White Detail EP, Copper EP, Versa mark,
Techniques: Heat Emboss, Paper Piercing

No comments: