TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Refuge and Strength

This is for today's WAYS TO USE IT CHALLENGE # 371 - Get Inky With Reinkers. I used this RIBBON DYEING TECHNIQUE since I did not have any ribbon that closely resembles sahara sand. I could not get a good photo of that ribbon, it really is NOT gray.
My layout is from Wednesday's SKETCH CHALLENGE # 381.My color combo is from Tuesday's COLOR CHALLENGE # 371 - Whispering Gray Sand.
I used some wide masking tape and inked it with basic gray then transfered it to the sahara sand cs for Monday's TECHNIQUE LOVERS CHALLENGE # 373 - Magical Masking then dry embossed with swiss dots EF.
I also used thinner strips of tape lightly inked with sahara sand, then transfered to white cs making a cross. I stamped the sentiment on top in basic gray then popped the white up on dimensionals above the scallop circle matt. I punched the large and a small butterfly from Martha Stewart punch and attached to the upper left.
RECIPE:
Stamps: Refuge & Strength - SU
Paper: white, sahara sand, basic gray
Ink: basic gray, sahara sand
Accessories: ribbon, dimensionals, swiss dots ef, masking tape, sahara sand reinker, cuttlebug, MS Butterfly punch
Techniques: magical masking, dry embossing, ribbon dyeing

No comments: