TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Friday, April 11, 2008

Pun Fun Rocket Birthday

I am playing catch up today since I did not get to do the challenge yesturday and also defending my title as Queen of Combos!LOL. This is for 4 challenges this week. 1.Today's LIMITED SUPPLY - DIY-DP.2. Thursday's WAYS TO USE IT - Eyelets.3. Tuesday's COLORS - Real Glorious Navy.4. Monday's TECHNIQUE LOVERS - Stacked Ribbon.I do frequently use my background stamps and my small background stamps for backgrounds so I wanted to challenge myself. I have never used the markers as Holly did so I gave it my best shot. Learned a lot to NOT do next time but it was fun. Thanks Jen for this challenge. My image is stamped in black stazon then colored w/prismacolor pencils and blended w/gamsol then the edges distressed w/night of navy using sponging. I used an eyelet and it is difficult to see in the pic but I punched out some clear transparency and attached it to the eyelet so it would look like a peep hole. I layered this on squares each 1/4 inch up in size then stacked them off rather than centered. Stacked red on blue ribbon on the left side and heat embossed the senitment on the right. I think this turned out OK but will do things a little different next time. I have just been dying to ink up this rocket ship and today seemed like the day.
RECIPE:
Stamps:
Pun Fun, CTMH-Happy Birthday
Paper: Non SU Whtie, Blue, Red, Green
Ink: Night of Navy, Real Red, Glorious Green, black stazon
Accessories: Ribbon, Eyelet, Red Tinsel Embossing Powder, VersaMark, Ruler
Techniques: Gamsol Magic, Heat Emboss, Do It Yourself Designer Paper, sponge distressing.

4 comments:

jjcreations said...

This a great 4 challenge card...I like your little window and I love the stripes in the background. Joan

My Paper World said...

very cute! I love your fun rocket card!

Debbie said...

The layout of this card is amazing! Lovin' the DP too!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Love your rocket!! This is one of my all time fave images! I just love it!! Love the dp and sparkle!