TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Baroque From The Garden

Oh my, I took the 3 grands to the movies while their Mom & Dad watched another movie in the same theater. Well on the way I got a little nervous because none of them are old enough to be left alone and 1 of them always has to potty every hour so I called my other daughter and she came with her 2 yr old. So the 6 of us went to see Horton hears a Who. I have never heard the story before. I get home and start telling DH about the movie and he begins to recite the book almost exactly as the movie is. You can tell who was read to and who was not in their childhood, can't you. Anyway onto to today's dissaster.
OMGosh the stampin' Gods were NOT with me today. This is for today's COLOR CHALLENGE - Baasic Guava Blossom and Monday's TECHNIUQE LOVERS CHALLENGE - Double Pocket Card which I have done in the past but and love to do.I wanted to use my new big flower. I stamped it in Basic Gray on Water color paper then water colored, well the gray bled. I used gray, cameo coral and blush blossom wc crayons then applied stickles. The double pocked was made with blush blossom cs layered with cameo coral after using the birds & swirls cuttlebug folder. The tags that can be used as bookmarkers were stamped with cameo coral. I may file this in FILE 13 and start over.

RECIPE:
Stamps: From The Garden, Baroque Motifs, CTMH Expressions
Paper: whtie, cameo coral, blush blossom, basic gray
Ink: cameo coral, basic gray
Accessories: wc crayons, wc brush, stickles, cuttlebug, Brids & Swirls, tab punch
Techniques: Dry Emboss, Distressing

4 comments:

Lauren said...

I know you're not loving it - but it's still really pretty.

Misty said...

What a great card. I'm gonna have to try one of these.
Misty

Linsey R said...

Oh, I don't agree! I think it's really lovely, Neva! I love these colors, your cb'd front and that gorgous flower and tags! It's fantastic! Maybe you just looked at it for too long--that happen to me sometimes...I'll be discusted by a card when I the go to bed, then wake and take a look--it's not so bad! :) Anyway, I know what you mean. I've been wondering how Horton movie was--I loved The Grinch movie, although I know Horton is different and a cartoon, still must be great, yes? tfs, hugs!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Love the cb layer on your pocket! Love the bookmarks!