TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Friendly Safari Cub

Well Friday was an early rise to catch a boat captained by Jessie who was also caravanning with his Dad and his Cousin. As we hit the road at 5:30 we saw at least 10 more boats heading to the beg bend coast area. Thank goodness they were not all going to the same river enterance that we were! Had a good day on the water but we were give out so no stamping Friday. Onto to today's project.
This is for 4 challenges from this week as I needed to play catch up after not being home to do Thursday and Friday's challenges so here it is.1. Today's INSPIRATION CHALLENGE - Safari Adventure Party.2. Friday's LIMITED SUPPLY CHALLNEGE - Follow The List.3. Thursday's WAYS TO USE IT CHALLNEGE - Snip Snip.4. Tuesday's COLOR CHALLENGE - Certainly Pretty Choc.I have always been one to appreciate the more natural looking images but am shifting my thinking now as I wish I had some of the more whimsical wild animal images to do this challenge with so I used what I had. I have not inked this gorgeous cut in awhile so he needed to get dirty. I stamped it in Timber Brown Stazon on vanilla paper and then cut it out. Colored with SU Chaulks using this weeks colors, hard to see but the inside of the ears, nose, and mouth are pink. For my scraps the vanilla and the mulberry were used. I had to dye the white mulberry so now my fingers are green. eeekk. I also snipped between the grass line and paw on the far right so I could bring the mulberry paper between them. I wanted the cut to look as if he were mashing the grass down to peek out.
RECIPE:
Stamps:
Nice & Easy Notes, Rubbernecker Safari Cub
Paper: Choc Chip, Vanilla, Mulberry
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, choc chip, Timber Brown Stazon
Accessories: Mulberry paper
Techniques: chaulking, huffing

3 comments:

Jamie Martin said...

Wow, 4 challenges in one! You did a wonderful job, it's very cute :)

Mark's Finest Papers said...

Neva, this is one of my very favorite cards! Awesome!

jjcreations said...

Hey, how did I miss this???? He is so cute. I love how his paws are in the grass. Great job. Joan