TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Snuggle Lions Pocket Card

This is for today's COLOR CHALLENGE and I used a technique from 3 wks ago that I just love for valentines POCKET HEART. Crissy's card VALENTINE LIONS was my inspiration for buying from High Hopes and for this card. I have just been waiting for the right challenge to use it with. Her's is so wonderful I could not even compare mine to it but I wanted to use it before the season was over so here it is.Image was stamped in Timber Brown Stazon then colored w/Prismacolor Pencils then blended w/gamsol. I sponged the edges w/real red then ballet blue on the inside of the edges. I doodled around the edges. Hand cut the outer real red scallop heart which is why it is not even.lol. The ballet blue layer was ran through the cuttlebug with the Script folder then layerd on real red. Red glitter glue applied to the rose. The ribbon I had to dye using my re-inker since I did not have any appricot appeal ribbon. hum need to go to Michaels again. The sentiment is stamped in ballet blue and sponged. I will give this to my darling honey bunny.
RECIPE:
Stamps: Snuggle Lions, Between The Lions, High Hopes
Paper: real red, ballet blue
Ink: ballet blue, real red, appricot appeal, Timber Brown stazon
Accessories: re-inker, ribbon, red glitter glue, scallop decorative scissors
Techniques: Gamsol Magic, sponge distressing

2 comments:

Linsey R said...

What a cute heart valentine! Love the cb'd bg and adorable image, which you've colored beautifully! great card, better get crackin on mine! ~hugs~

Lauren said...

This is adorable! Neva, you did such a great job with the coloring and textures.