TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Dear Santa almost dissaster

This is for today's SKETCH CHALLENGE # 409. My color combo is for Tuesday's COLOR CHALLENGE # 399 - Whispering Very Cherry Olives. My Cherry Cobbler used on panel 2 and gold ribbon woven between the ribbon slider slots is for Monday's TECHNIQUE LOVERS CHALLENGE # 401 - Woven Ribbon.
For what should have been such a simple and quick card I can not begin to tell you of the trouble. First I have not stamped an open image for coloring in months. *GASP*. Next with that being said I have not used my copics in at least that long *GASP*. I reached for the matching colors and my R59 was dry *EEK*. So I go for the refill and forget to put on gloves *OH NO* huge mistake working with red ink and no gloves. Now my R56 is a laying beside R59 and guess which one I grab? You got it R56. One squeeze and I realize something aint right here. *GASP GASP*. After cleaning the mess and praying I did not ruin my R56 that did NOT need refilling and especially not with R59 ink I set out to color. I had the image perfectly colored and the sentiment stamped all on 1 layer of white cs when I opened R56 to do some blending and it being over full opening the cap created a splatter of red ink, yep right onto the white part between the image and sentiment, *GRR* can I get a break here?
So opportunity for improvement I cut out my image, restamped my sentiment and image on another piece and popped up the colored image. Thought all troubles was past until I picked up my glue to add some flower soft for the white portion of the image. Well that has not been used since last year around this time and guess what? The tip was sealed and the glue was hard so I reached for some crystal effects. SAME THING!!! So I grabbed some elmers glue. I got downstairs after taking my picture upstairs and realized I left of the 3 dots on the side. Oh well they are just not going to be there on this one. Teehee. I will not be out done.
Now I am off to work knowing that all my troubles surely are behind me. LOL, I hope :-(
RECIPE: Stamps: Dear Santa - Flourish Stamps Paper: white, cherry cobbler, old olive Ink: cherry cobbler, momento tuxedo black Accessories: ribbon, dimensionals, copics, flower soft, glue Techniques: 3D, woven ribbon

No comments: