TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Friday, September 25, 2009

Scary Orange Spiders

This is for today's LIMITED SUPPLY CHALLENGE - S.O.S.. My SOS is
S- Spiders, Scardy Cat, stickles, Scallop, Square
O- Orange pumpkin
S- Spooky theme, Satin Ribbon, shimerez

and since Shannon restricted me to 1 challenge yesturday and I lived through it I just had to come back to my normal multichallenges (see my tongue stickin out at her?). This is also for Thursday's WAYS TO USE IT CHALLENGE - Step Out of Your Box today I did watercoloring and many matted layers where I typically use copic coloring and rarely matt all the layers when there are 3 or more and I usually cheat by cutting the centers out if I do matt more than 2 layers so that the card does not weigh as much but today, no cheating for me. So not like me. I used Wednesday's SKETCH CHALLENGE for my layout and Tuesday's COLOR CHALLENGE - Crushed Black Razzleberries. I stamped my image in black on watercolor paper then colored with watercolor crayons. Then I painted on some shimmerz Gold on the pumpkin and filled the eyes and mouth section with stickles. I tied some black and yellow satin ribbon on panel 2 then popped up a Martha Stewart spider and my main panel. My image is from Hambo and the sentiment is from the dollar rack at Michaels from yrs ago. I love how this turned out and hope you do too.
RECIPE:
Stamps: Scardy Cat - Hambo
Paper: watercolor paper, black, Recollections - Halloween dp, Rich Razzleberry,
Ink: black brilliance
Accessories: Martha Stewart Spider, EK Success Bat Border, Extra Mega Scalloped Square punch. gold Shimmerez, Stickles, Ribbon, dimensionals
Techniques: Watercoloring, 3D

1 comment:

Deb said...

So cute, Neva! Definitely spooky! Love that paper, the batty border and those eerie stickle-sparkle eyes!