TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Masked Medallion Butterfly Blingattude

This is for today's COLOR CHALLENGE - Crushed Bermuda Mango Yiippee the new in-colors. I love them all this time again. I also did another Monday's TECHNIQUE LOVERS CHALLENGE - Masked Frame. Not sure I am as happy with it as my 1st try Monday but done nevertheless. For my layout I used Monday's MOJO SKETCH. I stamped the medallion background on paper then trimmed the inner circle out to use as a mask. I inked the medallion with my bermuda bay marker (so happy they decided to take my advice and make these) then stamped with the circle masking the inner section of the image. I then sponged the edges with crushed curry. My focal image is the smaller butterfly in a gorgeous set from TREEHOUSE STAMPS - Butterfly Kisses. I inked the image with crushed curry then rolled it in melon mambo and stamped in the center. I drew lines around the masked circle for definition. Each wing of the butterfly has 4 small 3mm circles just right for some 3mm gems, I used some gold, crystal and pink. The sentiment was inked with melon mambo and bermuda bay then stamped and matter with bermuda bay. The small butterflies were stamped with crushed curry then matted on crushed curry. I used some bermuda bay dotted ribbon. My base layer is melon mambo and the dp is from DCWV Blossoms & Butterfly glitter mat pack. I covered the medallion with stickles. WOW this card has BLINGATTUDE. Hope you like it.
RECIPE:
Stamps: Medallion - SU, Butterfly Kisses - Treehouse Stamps
Paper: white, melon mambo, bermuda bay, crushed curry, DCWV dp
Ink: bermuda bay, crushed curry, melon mambo
Accessories: ribbon, bling, stickles, dimensionals
Techniques: Masked Frame, Rock & Roll

No comments: