TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

PREHISTORIC PALS - Tribute to DH

This is for today's SKETCH CHALLENGE, Tuesday's COLOR CHALLENGE - Taken with White Wasabi, and Monday's TECHNIQUE LOVERS CHALLENGE - Hittin' the Bottle. Today's sketch was a difficult one for me, guess that is why it is called a challenge huh?. Anyway as I was thinking of what to do my dh came to mind. He is always driving me crazy in the pool. He has to get on his tube float and swim around coming up behind and around me grinning with just saying "Hi There". He is like a kid sometimes. Anyway I was trying to create these images in that manner as if peeking around at you. Failed at that but here it is anyhoo. Images are stamed in taken with Teal and matted on TWT. main image is stamped in black then watercolored with close to cocoa, ruby red, summer sun reinkers. The bubbles are stamped using a kalidascope pad-calypso. I applied stickles to the top of the volcano and some of the bubbles. Main image is popped up. I am giving this to dh just because he makes me laugh and we are always teasing each other about being ancient.
RECIPE:
Stamps: SU Prehistoric Pals, Treehouse Stamps Prehistoric Pals,
Paper: taken with teal, wild wasabi, white, watercolor
Ink: taken with teal, wild wasabi, only orange, ruby red, summer sun, black
Accessories: square punch, square deckle punch, re-inkers
Techniques: watercoloring

3 comments:

Lauren said...

This is super cute and so clever. Reminds me of the Brady Bunch with dinos!

Heather said...

Super fun challenge Neva! Love the dino card! I'm sort of partial! My son wears nothing but dinos pretty much! LOL...

Anyways, I've tagged you on my blog if you want to play along?!?!

Blessings,
Heather

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

too cute! love the peeking dinos!