TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Monday, August 22, 2011

A CASE of Hot Blackeyed Susans

This is for today's TECHNIQUE LOVERS CHALLENGE # 339 - In CASE You Forgot where we were to CASE the 1st item we added to our FAVS. Well mine was this YELLOW BLOSSOMS Beauty by Cambria that I see I am only 1 of 164 who added this and it is no wonder. It is gorgeous. I added this in 2006 bc it was AWE inspiring and I wanted that background too. I changed the colors, ribbon placement and left off the sentiment. I also used a different focal image. Mine is called "BLACKEYED SUSANS FOR ENCOURAGMENT" from MARKS FINEST PAPERS.
This is also for today's CLEAN AND SIMPLE CHALLENGE # 132 - Hot, Hot, Hot to be inspired by the word. Well believe you me I am inspired. I have spent last week in Boston and if it were not for the snow in the winter I would move. As soon as we hit Tallahassee outside the airport I could tell I had been out of my home region. I could hardly breathe. So the YO YO Yellow is a symbol of the HOT SUN!
I stamped the dots and daisy background in choc chip then added some white dots in the centers with my white jel pen. The focal image was stamped in Adirondeck Espresso ink then colored with copics :Y11, Y13, Y15, G20, G21, & E39 then I added some stickles in the center. I stamped the bottom flower again, colored, cut it out and popped it up. This was matted on Yo YO Yellow popped up then matted on choc chip.
Now off to work to play a weeks worth of "catch up".
Have a fabulous Monday everyone.
RECIPE:
Stamps: Black Eyed Susans For Encouragment - MFP; Dots & Daisy BG
Paper: white, yo yo yellow, choc chip
Ink: Adirondeck Espresso, choc chip
Accessories: copics, stickles, dimensionals, white jel pen
Techniques: copic coloring, 3D

No comments: